Senior Data Engineer - Core Data Platform:
Within Data & Analytics department (D&A) we need a strong centre of excellence for data and data analytics, which are the driving force behind a data-driven culture, data governance & quality frameworks, our AI & BI function and the close connection with IT on a future-proof data infrastructure.
• Design, implement, test new features/extensions to Core Data Platform services and processes.
• Intake, design, implement, test, automate and monitor cloud based (Azure) data intensive applications and pipelines.
• Build and extend CI/CD pipelines to deploy solutions. (Azure DevOps, Terraform).
• Implement monitoring, insight on cloud costs, optimize implementation and continuous delivery.
• Participate in operational activities of Core Data Platform such as access management, troubleshooting etc.
• Collaborate with Lead Engineers, Data Architects & Enterprise Architects for technical solutions.
• Contribute improvements and innovations to the Core Data Platform.
• Strong Scala/Python experience, we would prefer someone with 3+ years hands-on experience with at least, one of this two.
• You have at least 3 year of experience running data driven solutions, including deployment and management of data-pipelines in production.
• Professional experience with Kafka.
• Professional experience with Apache Spark.
• You recognize the importance of logging and monitoring (we currently use DataDog and Splunk).
• You have at least one year experience with Microsoft Azure or another cloud provider.
• You are comfortable working with latest DevOps technologies i.e., Kubernetes, Docker.
• Professional experience with Scrum/Kanban.
• You are fluent in English. Knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.