Backend Java Developer – Netherlands – 36/40 hours – Hybrid working
(Contract to permanent)
Imagine you are working with a team responsible for the applications and solutions that ensure all of our client’s (customers and non-customers) documents are managed effectively.
The team adopts DevOps and Agile(Scrum) principles; you are part of a self-organizing and cross functional team that focuses greatly on continuous improvement.
You and your job
- As a developer you are an active member of the agile team, working closely with other functions in varying capacities.
- You are a T-shaped professional and able to combine one or more technical specialties with the ability to take over basic activities of other specialists in your team (analysis, testing and running the systems).
- You have good knowledge of software development and general knowledge of the business domain that you work for. An intrinsic drive to personal development in new spheres is key to success within the team.
- Being flexible and taking ownership forms the mind-set that is necessary for this function. Together with the team you are driving and initiating delivery innovation.
- The complexity of the job is in the constant balance between running and changing
- Develop functionalities on our Oracle WCC stack, PL/SQL scripting and API’s
- Do code reviews for other developers
- Contribute further by doing other tasks from a T-Shape perspective
- Design and execute tests on changes made by other developers
- Be on stand-by shift, roughly every two months for one week
Together we achieve more than alone
our client believes in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our client’s team.
The 10 member team people develop and maintain the applications that store and archive the documents of customers and employees both. Working together is the way we work; that makes us one of the most effective, results-driven, focused and pragmatic team. Together with these customers, our client’s members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands our client works to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or another relevant study
- You are able to develop in Java, SQL and PL/SQL
- You have applicable knowledge of and experience with the combination of business domain and related IT chains and applications.
If you feel qualified, please give me a call or send me an email. I will then introduce myself shortly and we can run through additional information with regards to this project. If you feel overqualified give me a call as well and we’ll discuss other opportunities.
I wish you a very nice day and I hope I can be of value to you.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.