CHANGE MANAGER URGENTLY REQUIRED FOR 6 MONTH PUBLIC SECTOR POSITION
REMOTE ROLE (REPORT INTO SWINDON OFFICE 2 TIMES A MONTH)
DBS CHECK REQUIRED
EXCELLENT DAY RATE
What we are looking for:
1. Have a current level of experience which corresponds to completed R&D with a view to swift commercialisation, of at least four years in a field related to breakthrough technology and/or deep-tech innovation
2. Proven, verified experience - recognised by peers - in an area of science and technology research and entrepreneurship.
3. Proven experience in leading a selective application process, possibly involving 2 stages - written application and interview – for significant number of applications
4. Proven ability to swiftly identify and understand critical criteria necessary for the successful implementation of the clienr corporate framework as well as any other metrics on which the programme needs to be based
5. Be responsible and accountable for delivery of the programme
6. Proven ability to identify and effectively engage key stakeholders including line manager with regular reporting arrangements in the required formats (to be agreed)
7. Demonstrate the necessary experience that will help understand the value of, and how to capitalise on, the project parameters
8. Quickly gain traction in engagement with the broader Research and Innovation eco-systems to stimulate synergies and coherence across initiatives.
9. Ability to set up a practical, deliverable and value for money framework assisting funding awardees on their journey from early-stage research to impact.
10. Ability to develop and champion specific high-risk / high-impact visions for future deep-tech that capitalise on cutting-edge science and emerging trends as well as be in a position to advise the panel (either directly or through invited experts) on the latter as necessary
11. Demonstrate experience in, and understanding of, how to encourage serendipitous cross-fertilisation between different disciplines (‘hard’ and ‘soft’ ones) or sectors
1. A clear and specific vision for an ambitious deep-tech challenge and its potential impact; demonstrating personal creativity, drive and determination to realise the vision
2. Appreciation of the ‘bigger picture’ from a broad multidisciplinary perspective
3. Solid track-record in cutting-edge interdisciplinary research in academia or across academia and business / industry in new and disruptive areas, as illustrated above
4. Proven experience in research and innovation management, technology transfer, entrepreneurship or investment:
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.