We are currently looking for a cloud Computing - Project Management Consultant (m/f/d) for our energy customers.
The Azure Virtual Desktop Service needs to evolve and move approximately 1500 people/computers from one design to another. The work primarily consists of planning migration waves in terms of the capacity of the operations team, communicating with end users via email, messaging and virtual workshops, and capturing issues not found in previous testing.
Tasks (independent execution):
- Develop a plan for migrating waves of users from the current design to the new design in a staggered and sensible manner to avoid impact on individual teams and ensure business continuity. Develop a plan that represents waves of people, with the understanding and ability to not migrate an entire team in the same migration window. Present this plan to the service owner for approval before it is implemented.
- Define meaningful milestones for progress during the migration, with multiple points at which the overall plan can be changed, and give stakeholders decision-making latitude to avoid internal challenges and problems in meeting the needs of the business.
- Create training documents for users explaining the process that users are expected to follow as part of the migration and how it will affect them, both positively and negatively. Disseminate this document to the existing service community, taking into account feedback from the community and making appropriate adjustments.
- Provide professional advice to internal operations teams to assess whether existing processes are still applicable in light of the new design, and develop plans for change where necessary.
- Identify and group clusters of similar issues and work with the service manager to develop a plan to mitigate future incidents and resolve challenges in a timely manner to maintain the integrity of the migration schedule.
- Communication between all stakeholders is expected to take place through MS Teams messages, virtual meetings and email.
- Project Management experience in a large organization
- Familiarity with the M365 suite, specifically Teams, Excel and Outlook
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.