I am urgently seeking a Data Engineer to work on this excting new project for a leading Energy Client!
Initial 4 month contract and the position will be hybrid, with weekly visits required to site in London.
This role will support traders and analysts by providing data gathering and manipulation tools, and developing models to facilitate supply/demand and price forecasting.
Skills and requirements:
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining front end applications with C# and .NET
- Experience with either Python or C++
- Data experience in SQL and Python including demonstrable experience in handling large datasets
- Able to build low latency solutions for data acquisition and/or trading
- Has created proprietary code libraries (with documentation) to be used by other developers
- Hands-on experience developing scalable cloud-native applications in the Azure stack
- Experience working in a trading related environment (energy & commodities trading or banking)
- Power & Emissions industry specific experience
- Knowledge of specific visualisation Tools (Spotfire etc)
- Knowledge of Excel/VBA
- Experience building visualizations and user interface linking large quantities of price and fundamental information
- Has used other Cloud offerings/Serverless computing (AWS Lambda/AZURE Functions etc)
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.