Role: IT - Senior Systems Engineer
Length: 12months + Extension
Description: Senior Systems Engineer – Microsoft SCOM, SQL, Automation
Our client is currently looking for an enthusiastic, proactive candidate to work as a member of a team of senior engineers and architects. As part of this team, primary responsibilities will include the implementation, maintenance, and support of enterprise-class software and services in a hybrid cloud enterprise.
The candidate will primarily be helping with the day-to-day operations of the server infrastructure team and will be asked to assist with various projects the teams are running. This would be mainly an operational type of role, but there would be project initiatives in the future where the candidate would be asked to support.
A good working knowledge of SCOM, SQL and automation languages is required. The daily work would be responsibilities on certain services in the SCOM areas, incidents to manage.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Include supporting the Bank in implementing, maintaining, and operating various Microsoft Infrastructure technologies. Be responsible to contribute to the definition of and delivery of services to support various automation and transformation projects across a diverse technology stack, with a focus on Microsoft products:
· Build, configure, and maintain Microsoft System Centre Operation Manager (SCOM) Infrastructure.
· Build, configure and maintain other core Microsoft infrastructure services such as Windows Server, AD, and SQL.
· Have a strong focus on automation by using automation scripting languages (e.g. Powershell, Python).
· Implement and maintain various Azure AD services, including but not limited to Enterprise Applications.
· Practice Agile and DevOps practices within Infrastructure and Operations.
- Requires deep knowledge in building, configuring, and maintaining Microsoft based solutions, including: (****)
- Windows Server (2016, 2019, 2022)
- Directory Services (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Constrained delegation, MSA, GPO)
- Microsoft System Centre Operation Manager (SCOM)
- Microsoft SQL Server installation and configuration
• Requires experience with scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, Python).
• Requires knowledge of Azure Enterprise Applications (SSO, Provisioning) and Azure Authentication standards (SAML, OAuth, ADFS)
• Require knowledge automating common tasks using Ansible Playbooks, Microsoft Windows, Service Now, VMWare
• Requires knowledge of Windows security features, and experience in operating system hardening (CIS, NIST, Microsoft)
• Requires knowledge including but not limited to Firewalls, TCP/IP, DNS, Zero Trust, networks and network zoning.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.