We are currently looking for an IT Disaster Discovery consultant (m/f/d) for our energy client
The Clients IT team will run a project to advance their IT Disaster Recovery (DR). This project will be executed in three phases: (1) IT DR Strategy Review, (2) IT DR & BCM in depth analysis, (3) IT DR Improvement plans
The wider objective of the DR project is to embed the IT Disaster Recovery process into the daily role of application and service owners, i.e. it will a focus on scheduling and project managing the creation of DR plans and tests across a wide IT organisation.
Tasks (independent delivery):
The scope of the service (project phase 1) is to update the current IT DR strategy
- Lead and steer the project phase 1 and develop a clear project schedule based on his/her professional experience
- Manage the project participants and stakeholders.
- Report on a written and verbal basis, consistently, timely, and accurately on the status, critical milestones and dependencies on a weekly basis towards the project sponsor(s), external partners and representatives including key C-level stakeholders at Steering Committees or similar meetings.
- Prepare decision proposals as required for the Project and / or Technology Steering meetings
- Track milestones and financial data and report this in tools
- Management of parties within an assigned program of work, including clients business Units, Performing suppliers and Third Party
- Develop and design all needed steps to implement IT Disaster Recovery, IT Service Continuity Management and Business Continuity Management based on the existing plans and the his/her professional experience. This includes stating DR scenarios the client is prepared for considering outages of IT services as well IT applications due to Natural, Technological and Man-made Threats including Cyber attacks ( Hacking / Ransomware) and stating DR risks the client currently accepts.
- Compare the IT DR strategy with client’s BCM strategy on a high level with the objective to identify and document mismatches
- Propose measures to close gaps that have been identified on a high level
- Create a portfolio of work within IT with a focus on improving the unit efficiency and/or process efficiency
The client provides all necessary information, access to the systems and requirements in advance.
- Experienced project manager with a strong background in IT DR challenges is needed
- Experience of implementing IT Disaster Recovery / IT Service Continuity Management
- Preferred experience of implementing Business Continuity Management at a similar size
organisation or larger is able to clearly articulate and design the needed steps
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.