NAVAL ARCHITECT URGENTLY REQUIRED FOR 5 MONTH CONTRACT IN LONDON
EXCELLENT DAY RATE
What we need from you?
Along with your degree in Naval Architecture or a similar discipline, we hope to see the following in your CV:
- Experience in tanker and LNG carrier design including plan review and approval.
- Experience of working in a shipyard environment as part of the shipyard’s design or construction team or as a representative of the buyer or classification society. The position requires a sound technical knowledge of naval architecture with a strong bias on structural design and sea-going performance of ships and offshore assets.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant Classification Society Rules and Design Engineering Practices.
- Ability to analyse and develop proposals and solutions to a wide range of technical and operational problems seeking guidance from Senior’s where applicable.
- A team player with the necessary communication (oral and written) skills to interface with other disciplines and the ability to produce written reports of a high quality in the English language.
- Assess personal competencies and development to close any competency gaps and to enhance professional skills.
- Maintain a contemporary knowledge base within own area of expertise.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.