We are looking for an Operations Engineer DBA!
Start date: ASAP/December
Duration: 12 Months + extension
The DBA Operations Engineer is responsible for:
- Proactively monitoring and managing the legacy system and the new data warehouse.
- Provide support with and implement changes within the data warehouse.
- Carrying out Life Cycle Management with regard to the software used.
- Continuously improve the delivery pipeline and the data warehouse platform.
- Carrying out root cause analyses in case of production incidents.
- Automate administrative tasks as much as possible via shell scripting.
Required knowledge and experience
- Minimum completed HBO Informatics education.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar position in a banking IT environment.
- Very good knowledge of Oracle products such as ‘Oracle Database 19c’, RAC, ASM, Oracle Dataguard, backup & recovery, performance & tuning, Oracle Exadata, ZFS, ‘Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c’, Oracle Linux and virtualization, Shell Scripting.
- Knowledge and experience of Data Warehousing and ETL tooling (preferably Wherescape).
- Knowledge and experience in the field of operations (life cycle management, release management, etc).
- Knowledge and experience with HP SM9, Splunk, ITWS Scheduling is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, Scrum, ITIL.
-Experience in supporting Production and non-Production Oracle databases including instance creation, installation, configuration, system administration, troubleshooting, log collection, etc
- Performing DB Administration activities, Oracle User management activities.
-Responsible for database monitoring, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
Minimum Knowledge on below wrt Cloud
- Microsoft SQL Server on VM, Azure SQL Managed Instance, Azure SQL
-Experience in Azure native services such as Azure Active Directory, Azure Blob Storage, Virtual Machine, Keyvault
-Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such Azure CLI, ARM Templates.
If you are interested, please send your latest CV in a word document
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.