Netherlands – European Nationality – Hybrid work – Competitive rate.
Our client who operates within the maritime industry in the Netherlands, is looking for Java developer(s). The company makes software solutions that run on tactical displays onboard naval vessels such as full-size frigates. It provides situational awareness to naval vessels during a wide range of mission packages, allowing them to interpret their surroundings (up to hundreds of kilometers away). These missions range from humanitarian assistance during earthquakes to combatting piracy and drug smuggling. You will be working in a close nit team of specialists.
About your future job
As a Java Software Engineer you contribute to a multidisciplinary and self-organizing Agile/Scrum team. In addition to software product development, our teams are fully responsible for various aspects, such as requirements analysis, architecture, design, testing, validation and product demonstrations. The use of high-tech techniques and software development methods is important. The software of the interface products is mostly based on Java and is supported by a modern development environment.
You will work with the following tools and techniques:
- Agile/Scrum software development;
- Java software development;
- Continuous Integration & Delivery;
- Jenkins, Nexus, Maven/Gradle, GIT, BitBucket;
- Unit Testing, Test Automation, Cucumber.
The possibility of a contract extension is highly probable. Our client is looking to invest in their employees. Providing a growth path is part of our client’s willingness to provide its employees with a create a good and stimulating working environment.
Why you'd be a good match
- Is passionate about technology. Is creative, open and flexible. And is a real team-player;
- Wants to contribute to a safe and secure society;
- Has graduated at Bachelor or Master level in the area of software engineering, information/computer science or similar with a talent for Java;
- Several years’ work experience;
- Is capable of rapidly mastering new domains and techniques;
- EU nationality due to security requirements.
In line with our client’s Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in The Netherlands and employment and/or education history.
If you feel qualified, please give me a call, or send me an email. I will then introduce myself shortly and we can run through additional information with regards to the job.
I wish you a very nice day and I hope I can be of value to you.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.