Seeking- Trading Analyst
8 Month Contract
Conducts analyses to solve repetitive or patterned information and data queries/problems. Works within a variety of well-defined procedures and practices. Supervised on progress and results; informs management about analysis outcomes. Works autonomously within this scope, with regular steer required e.g. on project scope and prioritisation. May coach less experienced colleagues. Supports stakeholders in understanding analyses / outcomes and using them on topic related to own areas of expertise. Interaction with others demands influencing and persuasion in a tactful manner to explain and advise on performed analyses of information. Applies the defined methods and structure to the analysis task at hand. Job holder identifies shortcomings in current processes, systems and procedures within the assigned unit and suggests improvements. Analyses, proposes and (where possible) implements alternatives.
What is the role?
- Covering Documentary Letter of Credit (LC) transactions for business entities in EMEA region.
- Communicating with desks and arranging LCs in timely manner.
- Presenting documents to banks and following up for payments accordingly.
- Liaising with banks, insurance companies and other external institutions to secure the appropriate credit security.
- Managing incoming / outgoing LCs and recording the securities in internal systems accordingly. • Maintaining good relationship with banks in day-to-day transactions.
- Managing good relationship with internal stakeholders.
- Supporting bank KYC process and handling queries for reverse bank KYC requests.
- Assisting any other Ad-hoc tasks assigned by the team. What do we need from you?
- Previous experience handling LC transactions will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Trade finance rules such as UCP 600, ISP98, ISBP and URDG will be a plus.
- Working knowledge of banking and insurance market will be beneficial.
- A team player with ability to pay attention to details.
- Good communication skills with sound judgement between credit risks and profitability to provide advice to business.
- Good understanding of Microsoft office products i.e., Word, Excel, Presentations, Sharepoint etc.
- Understanding of the energy markets will be helpful.
- Candidates with less experience but willing to learn the industry and trade finance are welcome to apply.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.