Michael Bailey Associates is currently looking for an enthusiast Windows Server Operations Engineer for a 6 monthly contract to be based in Basel.
Required Technical Experience
The candidate is expected to have proven in-depth knowledge and experience with Windows server technologies:
* At least 5 years building, configuring and maintaining Windows Server Operating systems.
* Windows server core competencies like Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, SCOM and IIS
* Experience with Cloud adoption using Microsoft Azure in a hybrid environment, ADFS and Conditional Access competencies
* Experience with security hardening, encryption, TLS and certificate authorities
* Experience with 2nd and 3rd level troubleshooting of technical issues
* Basic PowerShell scripting knowledge
* Knowledge of working with VMware as a hypervisor for virtual machine administration
* Knowledge of administering and troubleshooting complex Messaging solutions including security and antispam filtering
* Broad understanding of IT best practice and their application in a business environment.
* Ability to provide third-level support including incident resolution, request fulfilment and problem resolution in an enterprise environment.
* Ability to follow change management procedures and processes.
* Ability to create documentation and keep it current.
* Practical experience of participating in IT initiatives.
* Strong customer management skills.
* Strong communication, problem-solving and team-working skills.
* Ability to actively work in a multi-cultural environment and tackle cultural barriers.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative, drive, pro-activeness and enthusiasm.
* Readiness to work outside normal working hours during service windows and to provide on-call cover for evenings and weekend.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.