Michael Bailey Associates is currently looking for a Google Apigee engineer for a client within the Banking industry to help drive the API and integration strategy.
This is a 12 months role with the possibility of further extension.
This is a hands-on role and you will be mainly responsible for design, implementation and support of the API Management ecosystem using Google Apigee. In addition, this role offers opportunity to work on modern data integration and processing technologies such as open-source Hadoop technologies, Kafka and Nifi.
* Implement API management platform using Google Apigee to include API proxies, mashups, rate limiting, security, analytics and developer portals
* Support business lines to define the functional and technical API roadmap, contribute in implementation of business API strategy, API development methodology and API configuration
* Assist technical developers and solution architects in understanding and adopting the API roadmap, strategy and solutions, and contribute to evolution from SOA to APIs and in building APIs
* Provide operational support for Bank’s data integration and data analytical platform such as Kafka, Cloudera Big Data Platform and other data integration pipeline managed by ITS and other business areas
* Analytics - generation of custom reports on platform health and enable integration with external tools like Splunk
* Work with platform and product teams to help, design and build technical solutions to address integration issues
* Cleary communicate risks, issues, challenges and status on platform health and applicability
* Involve in setting-up and managing DevOps pipelines for data platforms including Kafka and Big Data environments
Qualifications, skills and experience
* Experience with build and deployment methodologies using Google Apigee (gateway functionality in particular), and familiarization with API Edge and Developer Portal functions
* Strong knowledge of Apigee architecture and configurations to achieve resiliency, scalability and high-availability of the Bank’s API management platform
* Strong knowledge of authentication and security technologies such as SAML, OAuth2, TLS, multi-factor authentication, HSM integration etc.
* Strong knowledge of queue based integration technologies such as IBM Websphere MQ and Kafka.
* Strong understanding of API gateway, API protocols, API management console and API Documentation creation and deployment
* Knowledge on service mesh technology, service registry, throttling techniques, security setup and API design best practices (e.g. Swagger, Microservices etc)
* Solid understanding of HTTP specification, REST, JSON and XML
* Experience in operating big data technologies and services such as Cloudera and Hortonworks data platform, hadoop family technologies, Kafka, Spark etc – would be an advantage
* Familiarity with Linux (RHEL/CentOS), shell scripting and infrastructure-as-code implementation (IaaC) using Ansible
Please get in touch for further information.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.