The PMO acts as a right hand of project and programme managers. The activities of the PMO are centralized around resource and work planning & control, budget management, change management, reporting, and product quality control. This role may also include leading a small team of junior program control services members: schedule and assign work, set objectives, ensure quality, and provide motivation and feedback on performance.
* Understand the key elements required to set up an IT project and work closely with PMs and other parties to ensure smooth set up. Ensure PDF compliance through setting up appropriate repositories and data entries, maintaining quality data, and making sure that required deliverables are created, reviewed and approved.
* Produce project reports and ensure that status reporting is fit for purpose, complete, timely, accurate, and communicated effectively.
* Capture and track risks and issues. Maintain change logs.
* Examine project documentation/data for completeness and accuracy.
* Effectively use tools like Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project, Visio), PPM, and required templates to create and manage project deliverables.
* Define and implement the PMO environment and toolset which is fit for purpose for a project. Ensures effective usage of the toolset and that adequate processes, assurance, reporting, communication, data, etc. are in place.
* Support the PM to define, sequence, and estimate resources, activities, and durations to develop a baseline schedule. Track and manage activity progress, dependencies and deviations.
* Support the PM to manage the resource plan, for example, through initiating project resource requests to suppliers and monitoring timecards.
* Support the PM to create a project budget and work through approval processes to agree the budget. Track, report on, and reconcile actual costs and revenues across the project lifecycle.
* Proactively ensure project Assurance compliance.
* Coordinate mandatory reviews and audits on schedule and according to procedure. Track resultant recommendations and actions necessary to address shortcomings.
* Facilitate project meetings and track minutes and actions.
* Facilitate meetings to ensure that projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and actioned.
* Onboard new Project Managers
Skills & Requirements:
The core competences required for this Job Profile and Job Grade can be referenced from the Learning for your Job Profile page on My Career in IT.
* Strong proven backgound in IT
* Good understanding and experience of the various Agile frameworks
* Experience in Agile tooling (ex -VSTS) is a must.
* Experience working with Agile teams as a core/extended team member is desirable
* Agile certifications/trainings preferred
* Attention to data quality.
* Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities.
* Expert in use of project management scheduling tools.
* Potentially lead and coach small teams or junior project support specialists.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.