Overview of the post/area of work
Category Tower Delivery Manager will work in a multi-discipline team to deliver a number of service transitions associated with the transfer of procurement, sales, IT and logistics service from a single provider to a multi-provider model. The Transition Delivery Manager will:
* Work in collaboration with the procurement teams to align bidders’ implementation plans with incumbent exit obligations/plan.
* Engage with the Incumbent and new supplier to ensure their detailed plans are fit-for-purpose and will, with a high degree of confidence, deliver an effective transition with minimal disruption to service and minimising risk.
* Monitor, support, and challenge, the incumbent during their discharge of their exit obligations.
* Ensure incumbent exit activities are managed, quality assured and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Monitor, support, and challenge, the new supplier during their discharge of their implementation obligations.
* Ensure new supplier implementation activities are managed, quality assured and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Interfacing and co-ordinating with project managers and other key stakeholders to ensure a single “Transition Programme” view when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
* Identify and mitigate risks and issues associated with individual transitions.
* Understand the impact on the current service of transition activities to help maintain “business as usual” services and standards.
Outputs & Deliverables
* Agreed incumbent exit plans including defined deliverables to the new supplier to discharge related Authority responsibilities to the new supplier.
* Agreed new supplier implementation plans.
* Ensure all Authority implementation responsibilities to the new supplier are fulfilled to quality and schedule.
* Produce and communicate summary project plans that outline achievements and planned activity and milestones.
* Produce and communicate transition status report including progress against plan, change, and risks and issues.
* Ensure that all relevant stakeholders are engaged and supportive of exit activities.
* Perform the necessary administration and governance tasks of a complex, multi provider transitions which shall include participation in status updates and project team updates.
* Attend meetings with 3rd parties consistent with the contract governance provisions of the existing and envisaged contracts, relevant to exit and implementation.
* Responsible for undertaking risk assessments across all areas of responsibility ensuring that effective control and monitoring mechanisms are in place to adequately manage the level of risk.
Comply with project governance processes including but not limited to configuration management, risk management, quality assurance, quality management, communication and delegated authorities.
Key requirements for the role
* Solid project management skills (planning, monitoring, reporting, risk & issue) management) to implement changes including; organisation structuring, office locations, staffing transitions, change management, IT)
* Communication, diplomacy and influence in a multi-organisation, multi-discipline programme
Managing complex deliveries within a changing landscape and varying degrees of uncertainty/ambiguity
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.