Safety Feature Developer / Technical Coach
Location: Area of Munich
Description of Tasks:
Develop real-time feature algorithm for embedded control software for automotive active safety systems within time and cost constraints
- Contribute in developing an ADAS feature for state of the art automotive technologies
- Analyze system requirements and define feature algorithm functional requirements.
- Design, implement and test feature algorithm model with sampled sensor data sets
- Understand existing sensor technologies, analyze sensor data and give technical feedback to input signal quality
- Verify and extend Sensor and Actuator requirements
- Model entire signal chain in algorithm with sensor input to feature output
- Develop feature with the intention to run on a target microcontroller
- Write algorithm / modul specification
- Perform auto-code generation of the algorithm if required
- Follow-up algorithm testing and give first application support
- Ensure algorithm development follows development process standard
- Provide expertise and perform customer benchmarking activities as required
- Collaboration in the integration and testing of implemented software feature in the test vehicle
- Support RfQ process with technical expertise
- Supports calibration work together with customer and internal engineering teas (centralize questions, optimize location, discuss calibration compromises, ensure coherency of customer speech, take up customer observation for continuous improvements)
Required Qualification / Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related science / engineering major is preferred.
- Advanced graduate degree in science / engineering is preferred.
- Advanced Experience is automotive area (ADAS feature development) preferred.
- Knowledge of digital signal processing and control theory / methodology is required.
- Proficiency with technical computing language such as MATLAB/Simulink and high level computer language such as C / C++ are required.
- Experiences in various sensor technologies, data acquisition methodologies and lab equipment (power supply, logic analyzers, signal generators, scopes) are required.
- Experiences in real-time embedded control software development are preferred.
- Experience on automotive bus technology like CAN, Flexray, Ethernet preferred
- Training in Quality Systems, Product Development Process and FMEA is desired.
Tel: +49 (0) 89/64 96 28 - 48
Fax: +49 (0) 89/64 96 28 - 30
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.