Fantastic new opportunity has arisen to join a pioneering pharmaceutical company as we are recruiting for a Scientist within Computational Biology. You will be involved projects within Preclinical Safety, primarily supporting analysis, integration and biological interpretation of NGS-based data (RNAseq, ChIPseq, ATACseq, Bisulfite-seq etc) in support R&D. As part of a cross-disciplinary team, you will have the opportunity to influence the design of experiments and collaborate with project-based scientists to interactively support analysis of NGS data. Applying cutting-edge pipelines and analysis tools, you will not only deliver analysis results, but also provide customized solutions for visualization and data exploration.
You will be a PhD-level computational biologist with a biological background, wet lab awareness, and extensive experience in NGS data analysis. You have a deep and flexible understanding of biological questions and pro-active attitude towards your cross-disciplinary collaborators (biologist, computational scientists, drug discovery teams). You have an excellent understanding of the statistical and mathematical methods used for analysis of genomics data. You will have profound experience and interest in Epigenetics.
Skills & Experiences:
* PhD/PostDoc in Computational Biology, Epigenomic Data Science
* Minimum two years’ experience working in Epigenetics Research, in academic or drug-discovery settings.
* Strong experience with NGS data analysis
* Excellent programming skills in R. Knowledge of other programming languages would be a plus.
* Confidence working in a UNIX environment
* Excellent communication skills, flexibility and ability to work with people from different backgrounds
Please send CVs or call +41 (0) 44 215 2051
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.