We are recruiting for an experienced lab scientist within cell culture process development for biologics and cell therapies. This is a 2 year contract position based in Basel. You will be working within the Early Development phase to develop fermentation processes for therapeutic proteins and viral vectors for cell and gene therapies as well as the manufacturing of drug substances for pre-clinical studies.
Please note, I can only accept applications from candidates who do not require a sponsor for a Swiss work permit.
- Support the development of efficient, high-yield, robust and scalable fermentation processes for biologic drug substances such as therapeutic proteins, viral vectors or (genetically modified) human cells
- Plan and perform parallelized cell culture experiments at lab scale (small to bench-top).
- Support development within the Early Phase Development.
- Interface with related drug substance process development and analytical functions
- Design, plan and execute Upsptream Processing (USP) lab activities, primarily parallel fermentation experiments, in lab scale facility using state of the art disposable and glass bioreactor technology.
- Record experimental data in the respective data management systems. Report results and support data evaluation/interpretation and draw scientific conclusions
- BSc or MSc in Biotechnology, Biochemistry or Bioengineering with focus on mammalian upstream processing or equivalent
- Ample laboratory experience (1-3 years) in upstream process development (shake flask, bench-top scale, wave, stirred bioreactors, analytical equipment), ideally with mammalian cell cultures and/or viral vectors
- Intrinsic curiosity, willingness to adopt challenging tasks and grow in related areas of expertise (parallelized, automated fermentation)
- Solid proficiency in English. Some German will be advantageous.
Please send CVs or call +41 (0) 44 215 2051
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.