For our client in the manufacturing industry we are looking for a supply chain engineer
Duration: 1 year (option on perm)
Our client develops, produces and distributes high-end systems. The Supply chain department within manufacturing is responsible for the development and improvement of Lean supply chains to ensure timely availability of parts and components. Within this department we are looking for a:
Supply Chain Engineer
Support the operational departments in developing, maintaining and improving processes and systems
Main challenge is to set up a robust supply chain with maximum material availability against minimum costs.
· Ensuring parts availability
· Contribution in NPI projects for timely availability of new parts
· Support the operational SCM departments in various manufacturing sites in developing, maintaining and improving processes and systems
· Act as trouble-shooter in the field of logistics in order to avoid disruptions to the production process.
· Lead by example and take initiative when there are process gaps and opportunities
· work on several levels from shop floor to management
· work in close cooperation with Planning, Procurement and production engineers know, share and spread (industry)best practices
· improve the professionalism of the SCM departments
Please only submit candidates that have/are:
· a Master degree in Supply Chain Management,
· At least 3 years experience in a similar role within a manufacturing organization
· Strong analytical skills and proven experience with problem solving
· Experience with LEAN manufacturing
· Knowledge of SAP would be preference
· Structural, well organized team player
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to build your network enabling you to achieve successful delivery
· Excellent communication and presentation skills in English. Profound knowledge of Dutch is highly advantageous
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.