For client in the machinery industry we are looking for a PLM Solution Architect
Duration: At least a year
Our client is manufacturing complex machines and have R&D and manufacturing operations all over the world.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all internal and external activities.
A sub-department within the IT organization is CCP ST PLM (Competence Center Product, Solution Team Product Lifecycle Management); this department is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for the development organization. Within CCP three development disciplines are represented: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. You will be working in the mechanical team.
As Architect you are responsible for defining the overall/ integral PLM solution roadmap for a functional area, in close alignment with business and IT stakeholders and IT vendors. You define and create the short and long term PLM roadmap and guidelines and secure that projects stick to the roadmap. You are the expert on current and future solution functionality and engineering business processes.
Besides this you will be responsible for:
· You will translate business needs into technical solutions (architectural designs, functional designs, technical designs) which can be implemented and contribute to the IT standards;
· Timely and clear communication, share information and knowledge;
· Share responsibility and make use of expertise of others;
· Focus on targets and evaluate, find the right balance between execution and planning;
· Challenge the business proactively and determine the future together;
· Professionalize the architecture team in processes, methods and governance.
· You act within the PLM Team in the IT Competence Center Product and works in close corporation with other PLM domain architects and business process owners.
· Master’s degree, preferable in Engineering, is a must;
· 10+ years of experience with PLM architecture in a high tech complex environment;
· Good knowledge of Archimate or similar tooling;
· PLM knowledge is a must, Teamcenter is a strong pre;
· Experience as manager of a team of architects is a pre;
· Experience in translation of Business requirements into an architecture design.
Capability to lead workshops and translate business needs to architecture requirements;
Proactive personality who can deal with resistance;
Strong communication and presentation skills;
Dare to challenge the status quo;
Motivated and enthusiastic team player;
Well-developed consultancy skills combined with hands-on mentality;
Passionate about driving innovative solutions;
Fluent in the English language.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.