For our client in the machine building industry we are looking for a Build Support Specialist
Start: 1st of April 2018
Duration: At least 1 year
Our client is a leading provider for systems for the semiconductor industry. They manufacture complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all internal and external activities.
Maintain and modify the implementation of the BL Apps software build environment, in co-operation with departmental architects and the internal customer.
· Take up a technical support role in our BL Apps build system;
· Take ownership of our BL Apps build environment and build up in-detail knowledge of the build implementation;
· Help and guide customers (software developers) with their build issues
· Impact analysis on changes;
· Partner in discussions with architects and internal stakeholders;
· Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
· Bachelor level or equivalent in IT and/or Engineering.
· Relevant experience and proven experience in large technical complicated development environments;
· Experience with BitBucket, Jira, Bamboo, Maven, Nexus and Artifactory is a pre;
· Experience with programming languages (Java, C#) is required, experience with perl and/or ruby is a pre;
· Hands-on knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows environments.
· Good communication skills and proficiency in the English language;
· Show initiative and problem solving attitude;
· Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality;
· Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude;
· Ability to plan and set priorities;
· Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented;
· Service minded and stress tolerant;
· Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user.
Context of the position
The Competence Center Product is a sub-department within the IT organization; this department is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for the development and engineering department. Within this competence center there are three solution teams: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. The Build Expert will be active in the software engineering infrastructure team and works in a large team of skilled software lifecycle management specialists. The Software Engineering Infrastructure (SEI) group is responsible for the complete software development environment that is used by more than 2000 product software developers.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.