We are currently looking for a System Engineer, for one of the leading eCommerce organisations based in Amsterdam for the duration of one year + extensions. For this assignment we are searching for persons who have experience managing large websites or services within the context of a large-scale web environment. Also, you have to enjoy and want to automate everything so that you can sit back and relax! Google search is your best friend and open source repos and StackOverflow are your frequent stops!
* Building and scaling sites which provide at least 99.95% uptime.
* Building of automation tools/processes using multiple scripting languages, primarily
* Building, maintaining, securing and upgrading our Linux systems (web servers, application servers, and databases).
* 5+ years of hands-on experience in high-volume databases (MySQL), systems (Linux/Solaris) and networking technologies.
* Fluent with monitoring systems such as Nagios/Graphite/GDash/Grafana, etc.
* Excellent Linux administration (Debian/Ubuntu) and database administration skills.
* Strong hands on experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
* Write, maintain, and help enforce coding standards and best practices.
* Flexible, strongly adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Passion for automation. Strive toward replacing yourself with a script.
* Fluent in English language!
Are you that technical geek we searching for and are you interested in this position? Please send your resume and let us know when we can call you!
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.