Application Systems Support Officer - initial 3 month contract - start ASAP
The objective of this position is to provide application systems planning, support and database administration services.
Key Result Areas
• Technical Lead on projects
• Implementation of upgrades to existing applications and new applications
• Technical document writing and document review
• Undertake scheduled systems and applications maintenance tasks in accordance with approved Change Management practices.
• Provide application support as required
• Undertake planning, implementation and testing of software enhancements and fixes for applications.
• Create and maintain documentation of policies and procedures and operational manuals
• SQL database administration experience
• Practical experience in supporting and administering application software, as described above
• Proven analytical and problem-solving capabilities with a commitment to continuous improvement.
• Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of database environments, particularly within SQL Server environment.
• Awareness of web applications and technologies (eg: .Net and ASP)
• An understanding of mobility solutions and location based services.
• An understanding of Change Management as it applies to IT systems and processes.
• An understanding of IT Project Management processes.