Service Reliability Engineer - focus on System Administration Linux
Location: Erding (near Munich)
Permanent position or temporary position
For our client, a well known international IT company, we are looking for a SRE with a System Administration Linux profile. Experience with SuSE, RedHat Linux, Security, Provisioning, Automation - Bladelogic, Ansible and Cloud Technologies are required.
Relevant Job Experience:
* University degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
* Excellent understanding of Software Engineering methodologies and development cycle (Open Source development), including:
o Version Control system (GIT and SubVersion) and Continuous Integration and testing methods (Jenkins)
* Strong knowledge on Service Oriented Architecture design patterns
* Good knowledge in Networking is needed, including:
o Communication Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, HTTP/S)
o Load balancing techniques, traffic routing, and caching for distributed applications, scalability
o Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving system level issues on large, busy networks
* Excellent knowledge in Linux operating system administration (RHEL or SLES)
* Good understanding of Linux Containers deployment technologies (Docker or LXC)
* Good knowledge of Shell, Python, Perl ect.
* Exposure to cloud systems and related ecosystem (ClouldStack, OpenStack, AWS API, etc...)
o Virtualization Technology (such as EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack)
* Very good knowledge in relational DB (Oracle, MySQl, MariaDB) and noSQL technology (Cassandra, S3, HBase, Hadoop, MongoDB, CouchBase)
* Excellent knowledge of current data security standards
* Minimum 3-5 years in systems administration/Software Engineering networking in a large environment.
* Minimum 3 years experience of application build and release engineering in SOA architectures.
* Fluent English
Thanks and best regards,
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.