For one of the biggest multinational e-commerce companies based in Amsterdam I am looking for three big data engineers. This is an exciting opportunity to work on large pieces of innovative technology touch many customers across the globe. You can fill in the role as a freelancer the assignment is then for about one year with the possibility to extend. You can also fill in the role in a permanent position if that is more interesting for you!
One note as well: If you have the skillset but you are a junior or medior candidate then we are also interested to get in touch with you to discuss this position.
Our client is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Their sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. With eleven brands they span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and impact many customers across the globe. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites. You would be responsible for driving a capability such as customer identity, taxonomy or inventory.
- Contribute to the team's work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Collaborate with other team members and engineers
- Ensure code quality and maintainability
- Coach and mentor junior members of your team - Improve agile development and continuous delivery
- Work experience with Scala or Java, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Flink,
- Great analytical & problem solving skills
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous deployment
- Bonus: Work experience with machine learning, deep learning, and/ or others data science tools
What the company offers you in this freelance position:
- Excellent workplace in Amsterdam
- Free Snacks & Drinks, subsidized Lunch in the cafeteria
- The chance for an international career
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
- Great opportunities for development by attending conferences, trainings and the organisation of meetups and hackathons
Looking to leave your footprint in global e-commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell and share anything around the world? Respond asap with your latest resume through:
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.