For our life-science client based in Basel, Switzerland, we are looking for an:
External Communications Manager
who will manage external communications activities to enhance the reputation of Global Drug Development organization, in line with the overall GDD external communications strategy. Provide external communications business partnering for key GDD programs and priorities of external relevance, including communications project management for announcements, events and launches, as well as plan for and facilitate media and social media engagement. Represent GDD external communications cross-functionally and cross-divisionally, also working with partner functions.
• External communications support of key GDD projects and programs, especially as part of GDD data and digital strategy, including launch of Digital Innovation Lab
• Content development, including core (messaging, Q&As etc.) and creative assets (imagery, infographics, videos), working with internal stakeholders and external vendors as necessary
• Manage items of GDD newsflow, proactive and reactive, working with Group Communications
• Provide external communications business partnering and counsel to GDD stakeholders
• Support GDD leadership social media program
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical communications, primarily external communications; experience in healthcare and/or tech communications could also be considered
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written. English first language or complete fluency is a must
• Experience managing media launches or external events, as well as working with journalists to secure ‘earned’ media coverage
• Experience of working in complex organizations with multiple stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field (Science-related, Communications, Journalism or equivalent)
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.