We are recruiting for a Senior Scientist Analytical Development for a global pharmaceutical company in Basel. This is a 12 month contract
* Responsible for the development and scale-up of purification processes and related technologies for GMP manufacturing of a wide diversity of protein pharmaceuticals.
* Using your experience in the development of separations (e.g. chromatography, filtration, ultrafiltration) you define and perform experiments to address problems arising in early-stage development projects.
* In addition you will be responsible for writing of analytical reports and supporting the preparation of the analytical sections of CMC dossiers.
• MSc in Biochemistry, Chemistry or a related field, preferably with relevant analytical experience in the biotechnology industry.
• In-depth knowledge of physicochemical protein characterization techniques (e.g. chromatography, electrophoresis, mass spectrometry) and analytical instrumentation.
* HPLC, CE, peptide mapping, mass spectrometry, cIEF, SDS-PAGE and spectroscopy you will conduct analytical development of biopharmaceutical proteins.
* Practical experience in the development of unit operations for the purification of biopharmaceuticals (e.g. chromatography, filtration, ultrafiltration) in an industrial sett
• Experience with handling and purification of viral vectors and gene therapy products is an asset.
• Critical and objective assessment of results and scientific information.
• Excellent written and oral communication and data presentation skills in English
Kontact: Luchele Mendes +41 (0) 44 215 2051
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.