IT Data Engineer
for Big Data and Advanced Analytics in Banking
Start: asap (6 months from start)
End: 30.04.2019 (+extension)
Language: English (German appreciated, but not mandatory)
For our client an international bank located in Vienna, we are looking for an IT Data Engineer for Big Data and Advanced Analytics. You will act in between business and IT, linking both worlds not just with your business and technical know-how, but as well with your personality.
* Selecting and integrating Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities in our existing cloud infrastructure
* Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, using cutting-edge technologies
* Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
* Identify, design and implement internal process improvements: speed up of clusters, automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
* Support in performing data research and data discovery routines for various sources of data (weblogs, data warehouses, social media data sources)
* Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
* Working with data analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data system
* Translate data analysis findings and research principles into written documents
* Graduate Degree in computer sciences or equivalent certified training
* 2+ years experience with Big Data technologies and relational databases
* Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
* Excellent knowledge & experience in operation of Cloud Services & Infrastructure (e.g. Amazon AWS)
* Excellent knowledge and experiences in complex Data Structures, including hands-on experience in relational DBs and NOSQL-DBs
* Good knowledge in IT automation and orchestration
* Knowledge and experiences in Hadoop real-time technologies
* Knowledge in running and configuring Apache Hadoop Ecosystem
* Know How in Visualisation and BI Tools (e.g Apache Superset)
* Experience in working in agile teams (Scrum, Kanban)
If you are interested in this position, please send me an email with a your latest CV in MS Word format.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Tel: +49 (0) 89/64 96 28 - 15
Fax: +49 (0) 89/64 96 28 - 30
E-Mail: bari.guritno (at) mbade.com
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.