For our client in the industrial printing industry we are looking for UV-ink researcher.
Location: Venlo, Limburg
Duration: 5 months (temporary replacement)
Language: English (Dutch pre)
Ultraviolet-curable (UV) inks are at the heart of many high quality and versatile printing applications. The properties of the ink directly influence the quality of the final print. In order to improve the design of our clients next UV ink, you are going to investigate how ink properties (both physical and chemical) can be tuned by tuning the composition. Your project plan will be guided by the most recent insights within the organisation about the relations between ink composition and ink properties.
* Hands-on approach; from small & quick lab testing towards detailed and in-depth testing on professional print engines
* Creative mindset towards materials properties
* Design and formulation of realistic (models for) UV inks
* Characterization of relevant physical properties
* Performing print tests to study the effect on print quality
* HBO/WO Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Physics
* Small (2-4 FTE) early phase R&D team, balanced between chemistry and physics
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.