We are urgently looking for an experienced System Engineer Linux. This is for an interesting client of us based in Brussels, Belgium. The (freelance) assignment is for about 6 months with the possibility to extend.
Project description In this project you are responsible for the installation, automation, tuning and maintenance of the Linux infrastructure.
Your other main responsibilities are:
- System administration of mainly Linux Redhat platform
- Monitoring of the Linux infrastructure using Nagios, BMC BEM/Patrol and IBM-tools (ITM/Netcool)
- Assist in maintaining and improving and innovation of the Linux platform.
- Follow-up of incidents, problems, changes related to this platform.
- First and second level support
- Scrupulous follow-up of the rules and the respect for quality, KPI, security baselines and system policies.
- Min 5 years in the Linux domain (System maintenance, virtualization, storage, security, network & protocols) - Experience within internal security, security management and implementation in a Linux environment.
- Experience in development and scripting (Perl, Python, Bash, DevOps tools, etc)
- Experience within Webservices XML, RPC, REST , … is an add on.
- Mandatory: Dutch or French speaking next to English
Are you interested in this role? Please reply then ASAP with your latest resume. You can send your application through:
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.