Test Lead required to work with a Government department based in Swindon. This is a 6 month contract, outside IR35, paying up to £400 per day.
As a Test Lead you will:
* Own and oversee the test strategy for the project
* Make key decisions relating to test within the context of the delivery environment.
* Be responsible for test improvement and optimisation.
* Be able to ensure an effective and efficient service is built, meets user needs and optimises test practices.
* Be able to advise on, design and execute a wide range of testing techniques and communicate test results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Be effective in utilising a range of contemporary technologies including cloud platforms, open source and ‘aaS’ services to better enable and enhance the delivery of QAT services.
* Be agile minded in approach.
* Write test cases for user stories.
* Produce automation test scripts based on project user stories.
* Provide mentoring to other team members.
* Be able to assess and peer review the test work of others.
* Work in collaboration with architects, security experts, devops and developers to ensure that the application testing approach meets the technical objectives and departmental standards and practices.
* Work closely with all members of the delivery team to deliver a high-quality automated test pipeline.
You will be self-motivated, passionate about quality assurance, test automation tools, frameworks and best practices. You will also posses good people skills, with strong problem solving capabilities, able to think strategically, delivery and quality focused.
Please apply should you meet the above criteria.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.