We’re looking for an experienced Oracle Database Administrator with knowledge ODA deployment and administration to join the world's largest telecom, TV and Broadband company. The project is expected to take 2 years. This Data Center project will be one of the biggest projects the company has every done.
Location: Amsterdam Area
* Keeping the Patch-Level of Databases and Oracle Database Appliances up to date
* Develop and implement Oracle database related solutions and Procedures
* Oracle Database Migrations
* Oracle Golden Gate Setup and administration
* Guide/Support Junior DBAs in Incident Management¨
* Database Performance-analysis, -tuning
* Maintain the availability of our database HA solutions in Dataguard and RAC configurations
* RMAN backup/recovery configuration and tuning
* Expert experience of core database technology products so that this role can act as a technical consultant.
* Oracle Database Administration o Oracle RAC clustering
* Data Guard
* Golden Gate
* Significant knowledge of OEM
* Thorough practical and theoretical knowledge of SQL coding
* Knowledge of backup and restore
* 2+ years practical experience in Oracle Database Appliance patching, installation and operation
* 5+ years experience in Oracle Database administration and –tuning
* Good Understanding of Network technology
* Expert skills in several of these technologies: Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Golden Gate, RMAN, OEM
* Good communication and documentation skills
* Customer Orientation, capability of working independently and flexibility
We are looking for someone who is multi skilled and has hands on experience with Oracle and SQL. Knowledge in DB2 experience highly favourable. You have in-depth understanding of data management and security concepts vital. You also know how to manage and execute database migrations. You will provide migration recommendations and guidance; working with Migration Schedulers and Execution Leads. You provide input into to-be state and configuration of databases. Validate existing R6 assessment and plan for execution. Technically planning and executing the migration of databases to new infrastructure. Ensuring the database and data is appropriately decommissioned prior to physical database server removal. And last but not least, collaborating with infrastructure and application teams to ensure the migration minimises risk and impact to the business.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.