* In this role you will create structure in our big portfolio of current and future upgrade products. This is not a one-time action, but you will set up the life cycle management process with a change control board to ensure continuous monitoring and maintenance of portfolio health. This requires close collaboration with system engineering, sales and other operational functions of the company, as well as a clear understanding of market and customer needs, and of course the functioning and value of our products.
* Besides implementing the process, you will take a hands-on approach in analyzing the market, setting up a portfolio strategy and building the business case to decide for each product to keep it in (and invest in fixing end-of-life, eroding margins, or other issues), or take it out of our portfolio. This comes of course also with delivering clear customer communication, and sales/product information, as well as ensuring up-to-date configuration information and innovative ideas on making this information easily findable.
* In close collaboration with the other product managers in the team, you will also develop a view on future upgrade paths (portfolio strategy): where are the white spots in the future portfolio, which upgrade support do customers expect from the company, what are their plans with their installed base, and which products should be re-packaged into larger upgrade packages to match these needs? This will be your input for the new products roadmap, as well as your guidance on the current portfolio.
* In this role you will have a major impact on turning the upgrade business into an efficient organization with a great portfolio of upgrades fit for customer’s needs, and ensuring our sales team focus on bringing the right value to our customers.
* You will be an energetic ambassador driving the change towards end-to-end life cycle management and an evangelist on the products we have in our portfolio.
* >10 years of experience in a high tech company.
* Experience in Product Life Cycle Management & Configuration management for high tech products
* Experience in balancing between own company and customer priorities
* Technical knowledge about the systems and option portfolio
* Sufficient application experience and understanding of our customer’s manufacturing process
* Experience in business analysis and portfolio strategy development
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.