Systems Engineer required on a permanent basis based in Zurich for our global financial client.
The System Engineer is responsible for the engineering, deployment, operation, support & automation of the VMware, server and storage infrastructure within the expected time and quality. The engineer analyses, fixes incidents and problems on a 2nd and 3rd level.
Ensure delivery and stable operation of the VMware, server- and storage- platforms. Increasing standardisation and automation to enable faster and leaner deployment of new infrastructure and services. Work according internal guidelines and follow the processes (e.g. incident or change management).
* Good technical understanding of a complex IT Infrastructure (~800 Servers)
* Able to fix incidents under pressure in a structured manner
* Customer focused and service oriented mind-set
* Fluent in German and English
* VMware Certified Associate or VMware Certified Professional Certification in Data Centre Virtualization and/or Cloud Management & Automation
* 5+ years in engineering, maintaining and operating of VMware and storage systems (Hitachi Vantara)
* Procuring, engineering, maintaining and operating of servers (HPE)
* Cloud services and automation (vRealize)
* Backup infrastructure (Netbackup) would be an asset
* Operating system experience (Redhat and Windows Server) is desirable
* Knowhow of high availability solutions, disaster recovery technologies and integration methodologies
* Basic knowledge of LAN and firewall zone principles
* Working with ITIL processes for Incident-, Change- and Problem Management
* Working in teams and designing new solutions with other engineers
To apply please submit CV
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.