Senior Java Developer required to work with a Central Government department based in Westminster, London. This is a 12 month contract, outside of IR35, paying up to £700 per day.
As a Senior Java Developer your day-to-day work will include being an integral part of the team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
* Have experience in implementing APIs for internal and external use.
* Have an good understanding of Microservices
* Have experience in AWS/Azure
* Pair Programming
* Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
* Have experience of using Jenkins for continuous integration
* Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
* Be knowledgeable of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers.
* Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours.
* Have experience building server-side web applications and have detailed knowledge of HTML, Java, REST
* Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
* Have experience working on technical projects within a team.
* Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
* Have knowledge of the use of version control systems such as Subversion or Git.
* Experience of working in an Agile (SCRUM) environment
* Good understanding of TDD and BDD
* Containerisation – Docker, Kubernetes
* Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
* Have knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems.
* Have experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites.
* Understand of the use of Responsive Web Design.
* Have experience of designing and maintaining public HTTP APIs.
* Have experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage.
* Understand web architecture.
It would also be desirable to:
* Have a working knowledge of Jackson, JAX-RS, MongoDB, DropWizard, Neo4j, Mockito, Maven and Cucumber.
Please apply should you meet the above criteria
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.