Senior User Researcher required to work with a central Government department based in Westminster. This is a 12 month contract, Outside of IR35, paying up to £500 per day.
As a Senior User Researcher you will:
* Lead on research projects, working with a wider team of Designers, Analysts and Developers to help define and deliver the best methodology to address the specific needs in producing a responsive digital service
* Familiarise yourself with the project’s user research work to date and devise a strategy of moving the work forward
* Plan, design and conduct user research sessions, including guerrilla testing, user testing, focus groups and workshops, persona creation and card sorting on a regular basis, testing both high-level concepts, and aspects of the service as it is designed and developed, and developing and maintaining a picture of the users
* Collaboratively analyse the findings of user research to identify common themes and points of user contention and provide actionable recommendations to the relevant team members.
* Apply knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
* Use findings of user data to work closely with designers and analysts to iterate the developing service
* Manage business relations with usability and market research agencies to support necessary research processes
* Support the learning and development of less experienced and trainee User Researchers within the team
* Thrive working in an agile environment, using your own creativity, resourcefulness and initiative to maximise the quality of user research and its impact on the service development
You will have:
* Practical experience of qualitative research methodologies, in terms of design, execution and analysis
* Experience in taking a lead User Researcher role within a team, setting research direction and mentoring junior research colleagues
* Experience managing team dynamics and holding sufficient authority to effectively challenge points of design without alienating individuals
* Experience of working within an agile project environment, and maintaining effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances
* Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for web user centred design practices.
* Proven experience of gathering user requirements for web based services.
* Proven experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test and research sessions.
* Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services.
* Experience of audience modelling and developing design personas.
* An in- depth understanding of the available research methodologies
Please apply should you meet the above criteria
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.