Senior Interaction Designer required to work with a Government Department based in Westminster, London. This is a 12 month contract, Outside of IR35, paying up to £500 per day.
As a Senior Interaction Designer, you will be expected to:
* Analyze failure within services and identify root causes for that failure
* Identify opportunities for cost reduction and improvement within an existing service
* Understand user needs and identify where separate interactions with government should act as one service that meet that need
* Understand the existing supporting system of a service and design targeted improvements to that system to accommodate the new service - both digital and process based
* Specialise in designing interactions and interfaces for digital services
* Work on all levels of the service, from high-level flows and journeys to the fine detail of individual parts
* Work with different types of content and user-led interactions
* Work across digital and non-digital channels
* Understand the technical side of design
* Understand user needs and design services that meet them
* Support discussions at a senior departmental level
* Design user-centred solutions and transaction flows
* Support in a Interaction Design capacity when needed
* Create and rapidly iterate prototypes to help the wider team learn about user needs for different scenarios or tasks
* Work with product owners, other designers, user researchers, business analysts and front-end developers to turn concepts into user-centred services
* Make sure the design of services is consistent internally and with the rest of GOV.UK
* Take responsibility for creating and keeping up a positive and collaborative working environment
* Help promote best practice
* Share your specialist knowledge and experience with others in the team
* Contribute to building a digital culture in the Department
* Experience as a service designer or systems thinker.
* Experience solving design and research challenges through collaboration and user participation.
* The ability to translate research insight into opportunities and solutions for service users via the application of design research methods e.g. user journeys, services mapping, prototyping etc.
* Ability to develop hands on interaction design solutions for the products that enable the service
* A diverse set of methods & tools that allow you to illustrate the opportunities to improve specific service components and touch-points.
* Appreciation for and demonstrated ability to connect design solutions to pragmatic implementation
* A belief that a focus on people is fundamental in creating inclusive policies, products and services for social impact.
* Have a design-related degree or experience on a product, interaction or UX design role.
* Define elements – layout, design patterns, controls and actions
* Have demonstrable experience of collaborating on designs with a software engineer
Please apply should you meet the above criteria
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.