Senior Service Designer required to work with a Government Department based in Westminster, London. This is a 12 month contract, Outside of IR35, paying up to £500 per day.
As a Senior Service Designer you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will work alongside other Designers, Front End Developers, Researchers and Software Engineers. You will be expected to deliver world class services designed for the people who use them, in line with the governments Digital Service Standard.
You will be expected to engage with policy experts, product owners and product team to design the end-to-end journey which may involve the creation of, or change to, transactions, products and content across both digital and offline channels provided by different parts of government.
As a Senior Service Designer, you will be expected to:
* Specialise in designing interactions and interfaces for digital services
* Work on all levels of the service, from high-level flows and journeys to the fine detail of individual parts
* Work with different types of content and user-led interactions
* Work across digital and non-digital channels
* Focus on making working software rather than creating artefacts to describe software
* Understand the technical side of design
* Understand user needs and design services that meet them
* Support discussions at a senior departmental level
* Design user-centred solutions and transaction flows
* Support in an Interaction Design capacity when needed
* Create and rapidly iterate prototypes to help the wider team learn about user needs for different scenarios or tasks
* Work with product owners, other designers, user researchers, business analysts and front-end developers to turn concepts into user-centred services
* Make sure the design of services is consistent internally and with the rest of GOV.UK
* Take responsibility for creating and keeping up a positive and collaborative working environment
* Help promote best practice
* Share specialist knowledge and experience with others in the team
* Play a supporting role in recruiting for the Digital Product design community
* Contribute to building a digital culture in the Department
* Play an active part in the department’s Product Design community
* Experience as a Service Designer or Systems Thinker.
* Experience solving design and research challenges through collaboration and user participation.
* The ability to translate research insight into opportunities and solutions for service users via the application of design research methods e.g. user journeys, services mapping, prototyping etc.
* Ability to develop hands on interaction design solutions for the products that enable the service
* A diverse set of methods & tools that allow them to illustrate the opportunities to improve specific service components and touch-points.
* Define elements – layout, design patterns, controls and actions
Please apply should you meet the above criteria
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.