Front End Developer required to work with a Government Department based in Westminster, London. This is an initial 12 month contract, outside of IR35, paying up to £525 per day.
You will have outstanding skills and be ready to quickly get to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts
Day-to-day you will be an integral part of that team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
Skills and Essential Experience:
* Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
* Have knowledge of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers.
* Have expert knowledge of cross-browser considerations.
* Have expert knowledge of Responsive Web Design.
* Have knowledge of web accessibility and WCAG.
* Have knowledge of UX and usability.
* Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
* Have proven experience maintaining a large and dynamic code base.
* Have experience working on technical projects within a team.
* Have working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
* Have knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or git.
* Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
* Have experience of building high-traffic websites.
* Understand web architecture.
* Have knowledge of client side build tools: grunt, gulp or similar
* Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
* Have a working knowledge of Mustache templates, Java 7 and Node.js.
* Have experience with test driven development using toolsets such as Mocha and Jasmine
Please apply should you meet the above criteria
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.