User Researcher required to work with a Government department based in Westminster, London. This is a 6 month contract, outside of IR35, paying up to £550 per day.
* Apply knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment.
* Use findings of user data to work closely with designers and analysts to iterate the developing service.
* Manage business relations with usability and market research agencies to support necessary research processes.
* Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of digital services.
* Leading the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing;
* Conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design).
* Working with Service Managers to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material;
* Working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction;
* Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers.
* taking a lead User Researcher role within a team, setting research direction and mentoring junior research colleagues
* managing team dynamics and holding sufficient authority to effectively challenge points of design without alienating individuals
* working within an agile project environment, and maintaining effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances; quantitative research methodologies.
* Proven experience of gathering user requirements for web based services
* managing, executing and analysing usability test and research sessions
* working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services
* audience modelling and developing design personas.
* Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys.
* Experience within a research and digital environment.
Please apply should you meet the above criteria.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.