Senior Database Administrator
Senior Database Administrator urgently required on a permanent basis in London.
This is a diverse and hybrid role; you must have strong engineering, coding and scripting skills.
You will be responsible for ensuring the SQL Database is running, secure and stable by tuning, designing and deploying as well as troubleshooting and resolving third line incidents and problems across the IT architecture by being involved in major projects to assist database and application solution strategy, technical design, architecture and support for carrying out the implementation of current firm strategies. You will also be responsible for the change and release management process for software developments and implementations.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to assist in the evaluation, planning and delivery of the migration and upgrade of existing database in order to minimise business disruption and identify and drive initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of the services. In-depth experience with PowerShell, AlwaysOn and Replication are required.
A familiarity with ITIL framework and practice is essential. Extensive experience of troubleshooting SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention and in backup/restore, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering and Database mirroring is also required. Previous experience in SQL Server major version upgrade lifecycle with development team is desired along with experience in Data Centre migration projects with good understanding of design, architecture and capacity aspects.
* Experience with MS SQL production support
* Experience in Database Administration in MS SQL Server 2008R, 2012, 2014, 2016 and AlwaysOn
* Experience in support MS SQL Server on MS Windows Clustering, HA
* Experience in PowerShell / other Windows automation implementations
* Knowledge of index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching, statistics
* Proficiency with Windows servers, security delegation, storage components (SAN, NAS)
* Skills in documentation for processes and procedures (creating KBs, runbooks, topology)
If you are interested in this position, please respond with your CV by return and I’ll be happy to share the job description with you.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.