You will join a laboratory within Technical Development Biosimilars department of TRD that performs bioanalytical assays to characterize biopharmaceuticals in clinical development. Working in several project teams and reporting to the laboratory head, your main responsibilities will be to develop, validate and execute various bioanalytical methods to assess the biological activity (potency) and purity of biopharmaceuticals. A range of bioanalytical methods will be needed, including target binding assays, cell-based potency assays, immunoassays and flow cytometry assays.
1. Plan, perform and document scientific experiments/planned activities under supervision.
2. Provide raw data documentation, evaluation and results interpretation. Provide input for the selection of next experiments.
3. Optimize existing methods (lab or plant) and reproduce published methods.
4. Collaborate with other associates to facilitate deliveries of DS and/or DP.
5. Schedule and perform routine maintenance of instruments/equipment.
6. Contribute to lab procedures, reports and/or instructions and/or SOP’s.
7. Contribute to evaluation of new lab equipment.
8. Actively participate in knowledge exchange. Train and coach temporary employees and employees under training/education.
* University degree, apprenticeship or equivalent in life sciences with strong background in cell biology and/or biochemistry
* At least 3 years of hands-on experience with cell-based assays and immunoassays or cell culture, preferably in an industrial setting
* Knowledge and/or experience of working under GxP would be highly desirable
* Excellent communication and team skills
* Sound knowledge of English is required; knowledge of German is desirable.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.