For one of our clients, we are looking for a Network Architect
Duration: Min 3 months, with possible extensions
Location: Currently remote (Office in Amsterdam)
Language: English or Dutch
Technology - Solution/Infrastructure - Architect (T1 SR)
Senior: Supervisory/advisory role; Highly specific skillset or technical training; Advanced educational credentials required; Greater prior experience in this role (8+ years)
Summary: Responsible for architecture and design, for IP Core networks, and services deployed on these. That meet the program / project scope and business requirements. Act as a technical lead during Core network project life cycle. Define and Document roadmaps for this domain.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in IT or other technical studies; experience in solution/infrastructure architecture; experience in software development and/or software design
Skills and Competencies: Thorough knowledge of IGPs, MPLS, VPNs, IPv4/v6 migration techniques, BGP, Policy languages, network design and implementation; CCIE/JNCIE certification or equivalent. Background in large scale network implementations. Service Provider network experience is a major plus. Strong programming skills in Python. Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools like Ansible, NAPALM, Cisco NSO/Tail-F. Experience working with REST APIs, versioning control tools as SVN/GIT. JSON, XML, YAML, and other data interchange formats. Strong knowledge of security standards, rules and regulations. Fluency in English both oral and written.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Architecture and Design of multiservice core and aggregation IP networks and service deployed on these, both extensions of current activities and greenfield deployments
* Gather business requirements and translate these into solutions
* Create and maintain network design guidelines, to provide a uniform framework to build services upon.
* Produce documentation for the engineering teams to build the solutions
* Use code to model the aspects of LAN/WAN network, and provide the right level of abstraction, to drive the right decisions in architectures
* Work with Operational / Engineering and implementation Teams and propose new ideas of automation and be part of initiation of the coding.
* Develop architectures for first-of type deployment of new IP core technologies.
* Drive POCs and participate in type-approval testing of new solutions of IP core technologies
Responsible for architecture and design, for IP Core networks, and services deployed on these. That meet the program / project scope and business requirements. Act as a technical lead during Core network project life cycle. Define and Document roadmaps for this domain.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.