Profile of an On-site Recruiter
As a client-centric business, we know that it is of utmost importance that we help our clients stay one step ahead in the race to source a highly skilled workforce. We do this by extending our offering to a dedicated and proactive Internal Recruitment function. Our On-site Recruiters help our clients businesses thrive in their chosen marketplace and ensure that the hire the best talent available.
What does a typical day involve?
Put simply, the role of the On-Site Recruiter is to directly source both contract and permanent staff. In order to do this, they need to be attentive and have a thorough understanding of the client’s needs. By taking that information, they’re able to prise out candidates of the highest calibre from the available talent pool with their mix of local and sector expertise. As a result, our clients can feel safe in the knowledge that their projects will be completed fully and to the highest quality.
So, what does a typical day involve for our On-Site Recruiters?
- Advertising requirements and managing direct candidate responses
- Proactive searching
- Using their extensive personal network
- Aggregating and managing Service Level Agreement (SLA) strategies
- Managing the candidate process from the initial enquiry through to the placement
- Reporting to both Line Manager and HR Function on various activity to achievement monthly/weekly KPI’s set in the SLA
- Ensuring the client’s staffing needs are been facilitated in the best possible way
- Keeping up-to-date with current market trends
- Requirement briefing
Training and support
Our On-site Recruiters are trained to the highest standard with a mix of both formal and informal on-the-job training. Our In-House Training Manager offers bespoke training courses for all of our employees, and external sector specialists are brought in to provide expert insights into all of the sectors we operate in.
“The training programme has been a great learning experience that has allowed me to enhance my skills and broaden my knowledge in my area of recruitment. I am now equipped with invaluable industry knowledge and market specific skills, knowledge and experience – I now specialise in IT”, stated on On-Site Recruiter.
What skills do you need to be a successful On-site Recruiter?
Alongside essential recruiting skills such as relationship building, problem-solving, sales and so on, the capabilities of an On-Site Recruiter must go beyond that. Our team of On-Site Recruiters are proficient in the following areas:
- End to end Recruitment strategies
- Creation and management of starting recruitment SLA’s
- Head hunting
- Technical screening and CBI interview
- Benchmarking expertise
- Talent pooling
- Reporting, forecasting and performance tracking
- On-boarding tasks – contracts, on-boarding, induction, advice on compliance, liability insurances, immigration
Adding value through client partnerships
Having a reputation for developing strong and trusting business relationships and delivering quality service to our clients, we have been able to extend our service to Internal Recruitment Solutions. Offering insight into the market-place, informing clients about trends and running business events are also ways in which our On-Site Recruiters add value through the service process.