Seeking- CP Analyst IR35 Compliance
Hybrid- London/Waterloo- Tues,Wed,Thurs
The following are the desired attributes of the role:
- Have a good understanding of CP processes, especially Vendor Master and RtP processes.
- Must possess an attitude to getting things right the first time and therefore should show passion for operational excellence.
- Must show perseverance and not be easily fazed by adversity. In resolving all the various situations of non-compliance, the individual will be required to dig deep into each situation to find out the right contacts, business rationale for why things were done in a certain way and be able to explain to our internal Tax advisors to obtain the correct steer for closure.
- Able to liaise and relate with a wide range of stakeholders at differing level of seniority both within CP and withing the contract holder community.
- Must be a quick learner and have a learning mind-set. Some of the work we are doing will be a first of Shell – so the person should open to learning and adapting to the situation quickly.
- Must be able to manage his own workload by balancing different priorities of the project.
- Enthusiasm, high energy and team player.
- Create a master list of UK Vendors that will be evaluated by Deloitte.
- If vendors are flagged as being high risk, work with IR35 Focal point and Tax advisors to get the vendors blocked for payment.
- Inform with CP Lead/ RtP Buyers to regarding the block and get them to carry out IR35 assessment for each of the scopes.
- Ensure that all the assessments are completed in a timely manner.
- For the problem cases, where an external evaluation is necessary, co-ordinate with Tax advisor to get the external evaluations done.
- Once the external evaluation is done, release block for those that are cleared as ‘Outside IR35.’
- For those that are not cleared, inform CP Lead/RtP Buyer and obtain data to settle any liabilities that may be needed.
- Identify CP Leads for all contractors with GID that have come on a PO. An initial identification has been done already. This role would need to use this data as a starting point and narrow the search only those individuals who have come on a stand-alone POs or those under a contract that was not assessed as part of legacy contract clean up.
- Once PO number is identified, then connect with CP Lead/RtP Buyer to get the scope assessed in the IR35 tool.
- If a GID holder is found to be ‘inside IR35’ then connect with the vendor to confirm if the person is compliant with the IR35 terms.
- For those cases, where the vendor confirms non-compliance, put a block on payments and connect with IR35 Focal about next steps to obtain closure.
- A similar series of steps needs to be carried out for contractors with physical access i.e.:
- Identify those on stand alone PO or Contract.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.