The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC) The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
Your rights under the GDPR are set out in this notice.
For the purposes of data protection legislation in force, the data controller is Michael Bailey Associtates PLC, 12 Brook House, Chapel Place, Rivington Street, EC2A 3SJ, London
The Data Protection Officer is Julia Gallasch.
Who Michael Bailey Associates are and what they do
Michael Bailey Associates are a recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (the business). Personal data is collected of the following types of people to allow them undertake their business;
- Prospective and placed candidates for temporary roles;
- Prospective and live client contacts;
- Supplier contacts to support their services;
- Employees, consultants, temporary workers;
You may have applied directly to Michael Bailey Associates or they may have found your details from a jobs board or social networking site. Michael Bailey Associates collects information about you to carry out their core business and ancillary activities.
Information you give to Michael Bailey Associates or they collect about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on their site https://www.michaelbaileyassociates.com/ (the site) or by corresponding with them by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Information contained in your CV. On occasion this may include sensitive personal data such as details of criminal convictions or ethnic origin.
- Information you provide when you register to use the site, subscribe to their services, attend their events, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the site, enter a competition and promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the site.
- If you contact Michael Bailey Associates, they may keep a record of correspondences.
Information Michael Bailey Associates obtains from other sources.
This is information Michael Bailey Associates may obtain about you from other sources such as LinkedIn, corporate websites, job board websites, online CV libraries, and personal recommendations. In this case Michael Bailey Associates will inform you, y sending you this privacy notice, within a maximum of 30 days of collecting the data of the fact they hold personal data about you, the source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources, and for what purpose they intend to retain and process your personal data.
Michael Bailey Associates work closely with third parties including business partners, sub-contractors in technical, professional, payment and other services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and professional advisors. Michael Bailey Associates may receive information about you from third parties for the purposes of their recruitment services and ancillary support services.
This privacy notice applies to telephone calls recorded by Michael Bailey Associates. When a customer call any of Michael Bailey Associates phone lines the call is recorded. Such a call may contain personal data. Michael Bailey Associates use the recorded calls to train our consultants. The calls help us deliver quality services to everyone.
The call recordings may be shared with the following recipients:
- Managers of consultants for training purposes.
- Third parties as and if required by law.
We retain the calls for three months. This retention period will not apply to personal data involved in legal proceedings.
Purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing
Michael Bailey Associates may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To enable Michael Bailey Associates to submit your CV for general applications, specific jobs, or to subscribe to their job alerts.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from Michael Bailey Associates or which they feel may interest you.
- To carry out the obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and Michael Bailey Associates. Where Michael Bailey Associates engages a person to work for them, there are other statutory obligations that must be compiled with including payroll, tax, social security, HMRC reporting requirements, and any other law or regulation.
- They will in some circumstances rely on consent for particular uses of your data and you will be asked for your express consent, if legally required. Examples of when consent may be the lawful basis for processing include permission to introduce you to a client.
Michael Bailey Associates Legitimate Business Interests
Michael Bailey Associates legitimate interests in collecting and retaining your personal data is described below:
As a recruitment business and recruitment agency they introduce candidates to clients for temporary worker placements or independent professional contracts. The exchange of personal data of their candidates and their client contacts is a fundamental, essential part of this process.
In order to support their candidates’ career and their clients’ resourcing needs they require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements.
To maintain, expand and develop Michael Bailey Associates business they need to record the personal data of prospective candidates and client contacts.
Should Michael Bailey Associates want or need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data they will request your consent orally, by email or by an online process for the specific activity they require consent for and record your response on their system. Where consent is the lawful basis for their processing you have the right to withdraw your consent to this processing at any time.
Other Uses Michael Bailey Associates will make of your data:
- notify you about changes to their service;
- Michael Bailey Associates will use this information:
- to administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of their service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of their efforts to keep the site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising they serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Michael Bailey Associates do not undertake automated decision making or profiling Michael Bailey Associates do use computer systems to search and identify personal data in accordance with parameters set by a person. A person will always be involved in the decision-making process.
Disclosure of your information inside and outside of the EEA
Michael Bailey Associates will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- They will send your personal information, including sensitive personal information, to their clients in order for them to apply for jobs on your behalf
- Where they have retained your personal information to provide services, at the request of their client, such as reference, qualification and reference checking services or the verification or any data provided by you
- In the event that they sell or buy any business or assets, in which case they will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Michael Bailey Associates or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where Michael Bailey Associates store and process your personal data
The data that Michael Bailey Associates collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (”EEA”). It may be transferred to third parties outside of the EEA for the purpose of their recruitment services.
Where they have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Michael Bailey Associates ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Michael Bailey Associates will do their best to protect your personal data, they cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Michael Bailey Associates have received your information, they will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of your data
Michael Bailey Associates understand their legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as they need it for their legitimate business interests and that you are happy for them to do so. Accordingly, Michael Bailey Associates have a data retention notice and run data routines to remove data that they no longer have a legitimate business interest in maintaining.
Michael Bailey Associates does the following to try to ensure their data is accurate:
- Prior to making an introduction they check that they have accurate information about you
- They keep in touch with you so you can let them know of changes to your personal data
The criteria Michael Bailey Associates will use to determine whether they should retain your personal data includes:
- the nature of the personal data;
- its perceived accuracy;
- legal obligations; and
- whether an interview or job offer has been arranged
Michael Bailey Associates current retention notice is available upon request.